L2TP IPSec Configuration - Network

This is a discussion on L2TP IPSec Configuration - Network ; I have setup a W2003 server with certificate services, RRAS, IIS, DNS, DHCP, AD. I am testing a VPN (L2TP) connection to the server using EAP & get the following error. The user xxx connected from xxx but failed an ...

  1. L2TP IPSec Configuration

    I have setup a W2003 server with certificate services, RRAS, IIS, DNS, DHCP,
    AD.
    I am testing a VPN (L2TP) connection to the server using EAP & get the
    following error.

    The user xxx connected from xxx but failed an authentication attempt due to
    the following reason: The client could not be authenticated because the
    Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Type cannot be processed by the
    server

    Any help would be appreciated..

  2. Re: L2TP IPSec Configuration

    Look in the logs of the VPN server to se if any helpful information has been
    recorded. Make sure that the VPN server also has a computer certificate for
    L2TP and that both the VPN server and VPN clients trust the issuing CA as
    you should see the certificate for the CA in the trusted root store that you
    can see via the mmc snapin for computer certificates and you can import it
    into that store if it is not there from the .cer file for the CA. Also the
    VPN server needs to be configured to use EAP as an authentication method in
    it's properties/security page in the Remote Access Management Console and
    in your Remote Access Policies - edit profile/authentication that are
    ed. --- Steve

    "kevanh" wrote in message
    >I have setup a W2003 server with certificate services, RRAS, IIS, DNS,
    >DHCP,
    > AD.
    > I am testing a VPN (L2TP) connection to the server using EAP & get the
    > following error.
    >
    > The user xxx connected from xxx but failed an authentication attempt due
    > the following reason: The client could not be authenticated because the
    > Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Type cannot be processed by the
    > server
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated..

+ Reply to Thread