IP security under optional setting - Network

This is a discussion on IP security under optional setting - Network ; In windows 2000 the tcp/ip properties under advanced option, optional settings I can find tcp/ip filtering and ip security options while in xp only tcp/ip filtering appear..!! Why is this difference and how to pring up the ip security under ...

  1. IP security under optional setting

    In windows 2000 the tcp/ip properties under advanced option, optional
    settings I can find tcp/ip filtering and ip security options while in xp
    only tcp/ip filtering appear..!!

    Why is this difference and how to pring up the ip security under tcp--->
    advanced ---> optional setting in windows xp.

    Please advise.

  2. Re: IP security under optional setting

    You can use Local Security Policy [secpol.msc] to manage ipsec policy on a
    computer. Local Security Policy is only in XP Pro. --- Steve

    "news.microsoft.com" wrote in message
    > In windows 2000 the tcp/ip properties under advanced option, optional
    > settings I can find tcp/ip filtering and ip security options while in xp
    > only tcp/ip filtering appear..!!
    >
    > Why is this difference and how to pring up the ip security under tcp--->
    > advanced ---> optional setting in windows xp.
    >
    > Please advise.

  3. Re: IP security under optional setting

    Does this mean that I will not ever find the IP SEcurity under the optional
    settings..?
    "Steven L Umbach" wrote in message
    > You can use Local Security Policy [secpol.msc] to manage ipsec policy on a
    > computer. Local Security Policy is only in XP Pro. --- Steve
    >

    > "news.microsoft.com" wrote in message
    >> In windows 2000 the tcp/ip properties under advanced option, optional
    >> settings I can find tcp/ip filtering and ip security options while in xp
    >> only tcp/ip filtering appear..!!
    >>
    >> Why is this difference and how to pring up the ip security under tcp--->
    >> advanced ---> optional setting in windows xp.
    >>
    >> Please advise.

  4. Re: IP security under optional setting

    Not in XP but you still can use Local Security Policy which is a better
    solution anyway or for XP Home you can use the netsh ipsec at the command
    line I believe. --- Steve

    "NEWS" wrote in message
    > Does this mean that I will not ever find the IP SEcurity under the
    > optional settings..?
    > "Steven L Umbach" wrote in message
    >> You can use Local Security Policy [secpol.msc] to manage ipsec policy on
    >> a computer. Local Security Policy is only in XP Pro. --- Steve
    >>

    >> "news.microsoft.com" wrote in message
    >>> In windows 2000 the tcp/ip properties under advanced option, optional
    >>> settings I can find tcp/ip filtering and ip security options while in
    >>> xp
    >>> only tcp/ip filtering appear..!!
    >>>
    >>> Why is this difference and how to pring up the ip security under tcp--->
    >>> advanced ---> optional setting in windows xp.
    >>>
    >>> Please advise.

+ Reply to Thread