IPSec in Windows Server 2003 SP1 - Network

This is a discussion on IPSec in Windows Server 2003 SP1 - Network ; Does anyone know if any changes (no matter how small) have been made to IPSec in SP1? Thx Steve...

  1. IPSec in Windows Server 2003 SP1

    Does anyone know if any changes (no matter how small) have been made to IPSec
    in SP1?
    Thx
    Steve

  2. Re: IPSec in Windows Server 2003 SP1

    "stever" wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if any changes (no matter how small) have been made to
    > IPSec
    > in SP1?
    > Thx
    > Steve

    Have you checked/read the Read me file for SP1?

    Have you search Google for something like:

    [ 2003 SP1 | "Service Pack 1" ~changes site:microsoft.com ]

    ???

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

  3. Re: IPSec in Windows Server 2003 SP1

    Yes, but you just get info about the main new features, and not any minor
    changes happening 'under the bonnet'.

    "Herb Martin" wrote:

    > "stever" wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know if any changes (no matter how small) have been made to
    > > IPSec
    > > in SP1?
    > > Thx
    > > Steve

    > Have you checked/read the Read me file for SP1?
    >
    > Have you search Google for something like:
    >
    > [ 2003 SP1 | "Service Pack 1" ~changes site:microsoft.com ]
    >
    > ???
    >
    > --
    > Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    > Accelerated MCSE
    > http://www.LearnQuick.Com
    > [phone number on web site]

  4. Re: IPSec in Windows Server 2003 SP1

    I cut-n-pasted this from my Blog
    (http://blogs.msdn.com/james_morey/default.aspx)

    The long and the short of it are that there aren't any changes in IPsec that
    affect configuration. The (see, Changes to Functionality in Microsoft
    Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1) book of SP1 doesn't have any entries
    specifically for IPsec. There are some performance and reliability
    enhancements, but nothing major. You Windows 2000 and Windows XP policies
    should work just fine on Windows Server 2003 SP1.

    The URL for the SP1 doc is
    [http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/CTRedir.asp?type=CT&source=WWW&sPage=Changes|Featured||Changes%20to%20Functionali ty%20in%20Microsoft%20Windows%20Server%202003%20Se rvice%20Pack%201&tPage=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C3C26254-8CE3-46E2-B1B6-3659B92B2CDE&displaylang=en]
    --
    =====================
    NOTE - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

    "stever" wrote in message
    > Yes, but you just get info about the main new features, and not any minor
    > changes happening 'under the bonnet'.
    >
    > "Herb Martin" wrote:
    >
    >> "stever" wrote in message
    >> > Does anyone know if any changes (no matter how small) have been made to
    >> > IPSec
    >> > in SP1?
    >> > Thx
    >> > Steve

    >> Have you checked/read the Read me file for SP1?
    >>
    >> Have you search Google for something like:
    >>
    >> [ 2003 SP1 | "Service Pack 1" ~changes site:microsoft.com ]
    >>
    >> ???
    >>
    >> --
    >> Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    >> Accelerated MCSE