How to prevent a need of ipconfig /release for access to internet? - Network

This is a discussion on How to prevent a need of ipconfig /release for access to internet? - Network ; Hello I have two NICs: one installed in computer used for internal LAN and another USB NIC which I connect during a day to connect to internet. After connecting the USB NIC I do not have internet access at first. ...

  1. How to prevent a need of ipconfig /release for access to internet?

    Hello
    I have two NICs: one installed in computer used for internal LAN and another
    USB NIC which I connect during a day to connect to internet. After
    connecting the USB NIC I do not have internet access at first. I have to run
    ipconfig /release *и ipconfig /renew *и for the installed card to get access
    to internet. How to make Windows 2000 connect to internet without the
    ipconfig /release *и and ipconfig /renew ?

  2. Re: How to prevent a need of ipconfig /release for access to internet?

    Plugin the USB NIC before you power up the computer.

    "Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I have two NICs: one installed in computer used for internal LAN and
    > another
    > USB NIC which I connect during a day to connect to internet. After
    > connecting the USB NIC I do not have internet access at first. I have to
    > run
    > ipconfig /release *и ipconfig /renew *и for the installed card to get
    > access
    > to internet. How to make Windows 2000 connect to internet without the
    > ipconfig /release *и and ipconfig /renew ?

  3. Re: How to prevent a need of ipconfig /release for access to internet?

    Thanks!
    My computer returns from hibernation when I power up my computer. I do not
    need the USB NIC from the start up of my computer and do not need the USB
    NIC every session.
    "Jerry" сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
    > Plugin the USB NIC before you power up the computer.
    >
    > "Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > > I have two NICs: one installed in computer used for internal LAN and
    > > another
    > > USB NIC which I connect during a day to connect to internet. After
    > > connecting the USB NIC I do not have internet access at first. I have to
    > > run
    > > ipconfig /release *и ipconfig /renew *и for the installed card to get
    > > access
    > > to internet. How to make Windows 2000 connect to internet without the
    > > ipconfig /release *и and ipconfig /renew ?

+ Reply to Thread