Duplicate IP Address on the Domain - Network

This is a discussion on Duplicate IP Address on the Domain - Network ; Hello, I have a weird occurrance on my Domain. I have a DHCP Pool of addresses for the general users to obtain, however, one of the IP addresses from that pool is also assigned to a server but when i ...

  1. Duplicate IP Address on the Domain

    Hello, I have a weird occurrance on my Domain. I have a DHCP Pool of
    addresses for the general users to obtain, however, one of the IP addresses
    from that pool is also assigned to a server but when i look at the server
    which has a static address only. This is causing a conflict on my network
    and would like to know if there was a was to track down this address on this
    server to kill it from broardcasting it network wide.

  2. Re: Duplicate IP Address on the Domain

    "Marty" wrote in message
    > Hello, I have a weird occurrance on my Domain. I have a DHCP Pool of
    > addresses for the general users to obtain, however, one of the IP
    > addresses
    > from that pool is also assigned to a server but when i look at the server
    > which has a static address only. This is causing a conflict on my network
    > and would like to know if there was a was to track down this address on
    > this
    > server to kill it from broardcasting it network wide.

    You explanation above is a bit muddled but if you have:

    1) a machine (server) with a manual address
    2) a DHCP scope giving out that address

    You can easily just EXCLUDE that address from the scope
    using the DHCP MMC.

    If you cannot LOCATE the server with the address, notice
    that the machine MUST be in the same subnet if it is functioning
    correctly so finding it is only a matter of checking a few
    machines at most.

    And (if you are an admin of the machine, e.g., domain admin etc.)
    you can run the NBTStat to see its locale NetBIOS name table which
    will give you it's name (if it's running NetBIOS which is likely):

    nbtstat -A 192.168.239.1

    (Substitute the actual IP address of course. Case, capital -A, counts
    here.)

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

  3. Re: Duplicate IP Address on the Domain

    If you give the domain name you can get the ip address...Visit here

+ Reply to Thread