inform dynamic IP to fixed IP server - Network

This is a discussion on inform dynamic IP to fixed IP server - Network ; Hello, I have a server at home with a dynamic IP (provide by the ISP) and another professional server with fixed IP. I would like know how can I inform of the dynamic IP of the first server to the ...

  1. inform dynamic IP to fixed IP server

    Hello,

    I have a server at home with a dynamic IP (provide by the ISP) and another
    professional server with fixed IP.

    I would like know how can I inform of the dynamic IP of the first server to
    the fixed IP server everytime it changes its address so that the second one
    can acces this dynamic DNS server when it needs ?

    Thanks
    Vivek

  2. Re: inform dynamic IP to fixed IP server

    First of all I donno how it related to IPSEC group..
    for the answer you have already mentioned it...use DDNS and from the
    server(static IP) call that DDNS name...

    "Vivek" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a server at home with a dynamic IP (provide by the ISP) and another
    > professional server with fixed IP.
    >
    > I would like know how can I inform of the dynamic IP of the first server
    > to the fixed IP server everytime it changes its address so that the second
    > one can acces this dynamic DNS server when it needs ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Vivek

+ Reply to Thread