Microsoft IPSec L2TP and split tunneling - Network

This is a discussion on Microsoft IPSec L2TP and split tunneling - Network ; We are running an Microsoft's VPN on a Windows 2003 server. By default, the checkmark is set on the "Use default gateway on the remote network" under the advance TCP/IP settings which then runs all of the internet traffic through ...

  1. Microsoft IPSec L2TP and split tunneling

    We are running an Microsoft's VPN on a Windows 2003 server. By default, the
    checkmark is set on the "Use default gateway on the remote network" under
    the advance TCP/IP settings which then runs all of the internet traffic
    through the tunnel - thus no split tunneling. Good!

    How can we keep people from removing this checkmark, as we do not want any
    of the clients to allow split tunneling? Can a policy be set on the server?
    Or even the client?

    Thanks in advance.

    Vance

  2. Re: Microsoft IPSec L2TP and split tunneling

    Your question is not ipsec related and you may be better served posting in
    the ras_routing newsgroup. Offhand I don't know of any Group Policy setting
    to do what you want. If you can prevent the user on the VPN client computer
    from being a local administrator that may solve the problem. You can also
    use your Remote Access Policy or policies to restrict where in your network
    VPN traffic can go to and for what ports/protocols. --- Steve

    "msnews.microsoft.com" wrote in message
    > We are running an Microsoft's VPN on a Windows 2003 server. By default,
    > the checkmark is set on the "Use default gateway on the remote network"
    > under the advance TCP/IP settings which then runs all of the internet
    > traffic through the tunnel - thus no split tunneling. Good!
    >
    > How can we keep people from removing this checkmark, as we do not want any
    > of the clients to allow split tunneling? Can a policy be set on the
    > server? Or even the client?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Vance

+ Reply to Thread