VPN between XP2 and Windows2000 server - Network

This is a discussion on VPN between XP2 and Windows2000 server - Network ; Hello, I wonder if I can setup a secure VPN(l2tp,Ipsec) connection between a xp(pro) sp2 computer at home and a windows2000 server at work.(a remote access connection). This is my scenario: At home: Xp(pro) sp2 with Cisco VPNclient 4.6 installed ...

  1. VPN between XP2 and Windows2000 server

    Hello,
    I wonder if I can setup a secure VPN(l2tp,Ipsec) connection between a
    xp(pro) sp2
    computer at home and a windows2000 server at work.(a remote access
    connection).
    This is my scenario:
    At home:
    Xp(pro) sp2 with Cisco VPNclient 4.6 installed on it.
    connection to the inernet : Speedtouch 510 adsl(isdn) modem.
    (one static public ip adress)
    At work :
    Connection to the internet : Cisco836 adsl(isdn) router (one static public
    Ip address)
    Windows2000 server acting as a DC directly connected to the Cisco836 router.
    On the windows2000 server is RRas activated.
    Can I establish a tunnel from my Xp computer at home with the cisco router
    as the end point.
    Thanks in advance,Ilja Zwolsman

  2. RE: VPN between XP2 and Windows2000 server

    Is it at all possible to esetup a tunnel with the router acting as endpoint
    when a server2000 is behind it ?

    "Slofpootje" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I wonder if I can setup a secure VPN(l2tp,Ipsec) connection between a
    > xp(pro) sp2
    > computer at home and a windows2000 server at work.(a remote access
    > connection).
    > This is my scenario:
    > At home:
    > Xp(pro) sp2 with Cisco VPNclient 4.6 installed on it.
    > connection to the inernet : Speedtouch 510 adsl(isdn) modem.
    > (one static public ip adress)
    > At work :
    > Connection to the internet : Cisco836 adsl(isdn) router (one static public
    > Ip address)
    > Windows2000 server acting as a DC directly connected to the Cisco836 router.
    > On the windows2000 server is RRas activated.
    > Can I establish a tunnel from my Xp computer at home with the cisco router
    > as the end point.
    > Thanks in advance,Ilja Zwolsman

+ Reply to Thread