I have an interesting issue with zonealarm.

I am using the latest update to the free version.

In the firewall settings, I have set it to allow "smtp.comcast.net" as a
trusted site, obviously for the sending of email. The problem is that
comcast has "smtp.comcast.net" resolve to a group of servers, presumably
for rudundancey or load sharing. If I edit the comcast mail entry in
the firewall, I can tell ZA to look up the current IP's, store them, and
mail sending works. However, comcast periodically changes the servers.
I sometimes have to edit the "Comcast Mail" lineitem in the firewall
several times a day, sometimes it will work for a week.

Shouldn't I be able to tell ZA to allow connections to
"smtp.comcast.net" and have it work? Anyone know of a work aroud?

Further info:

I use Thunderbird for mail and news. Outgoing messages are virus
checked by Kaspersky. Both Kaspersky and Thunderbird are in program
control as "allowed to connect to the internet"

Any thoughts?

TIA

John