Help: 2 broadband internet connection with routers networking. - Network

This is a discussion on Help: 2 broadband internet connection with routers networking. - Network ; I would like to network my PC(1) at home which connected with cable broadband with PC(2) at my store which is connected with DSL. Both PC have a router, Intel and NetGEAR; and both are dynamic IP. I wonder if ...

  1. Help: 2 broadband internet connection with routers networking.

    I would like to network my PC(1) at home which connected with cable
    broadband with PC(2) at my store which is connected with DSL.

    Both PC have a router, Intel and NetGEAR; and both are dynamic IP.

    I wonder if I open a forward/receive ports in the routers:
    a) Which IP address should I input? the local 192.168.x.x on both
    or real dynamic IP address ( e.g.: 72.187.23.78 for pc(1) & 98.45.148.98
    for pc(2) )
    b) Do I have to make sure the port on both end is the same or doen't matter?

    p/s: current configuration on both router using default mode: all ports
    are in stealth.

  2. Re: Help: 2 broadband internet connection with routers networking.

    From: "dummy"

    | I would like to network my PC(1) at home which connected with cable
    | broadband with PC(2) at my store which is connected with DSL.
    |
    | Both PC have a router, Intel and NetGEAR; and both are dynamic IP.
    |
    | I wonder if I open a forward/receive ports in the routers:
    | a) Which IP address should I input? the local 192.168.x.x on both
    | or real dynamic IP address ( e.g.: 72.187.23.78 for pc(1) & 98.45.148.98
    | for pc(2) )
    | b) Do I have to make sure the port on both end is the same or doen't matter?
    |
    | p/s: current configuration on both router using default mode: all ports
    | are in stealth.

    Look up Virtual Private Network (VPN) thats's your solution. A private tunnel netween PC(1)
    and PC(2) thorough the Internet.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  3. Re: Help: 2 broadband internet connection with routers networking.

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "dummy"
    >
    > | I would like to network my PC(1) at home which connected with cable
    > | broadband with PC(2) at my store which is connected with DSL.
    > |
    > | Both PC have a router, Intel and NetGEAR; and both are dynamic IP.
    > |
    > | I wonder if I open a forward/receive ports in the routers:
    > | a) Which IP address should I input? the local 192.168.x.x on both
    > | or real dynamic IP address ( e.g.: 72.187.23.78 for pc(1) & 98.45.148.98
    > | for pc(2) )
    > | b) Do I have to make sure the port on both end is the same or doen't matter?
    > |
    > | p/s: current configuration on both router using default mode: all ports
    > | are in stealth.
    >
    > Look up Virtual Private Network (VPN) thats's your solution. A private tunnel netween PC(1)
    > and PC(2) thorough the Internet.

    I try UltraVNC and believe could the native VNC should work.

    I just want avoid junks install into my pc, you never know what's the
    catch beneath it, spyware or something else.

  4. Re: Help: 2 broadband internet connection with routers networking.

    On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:52:22 -0500, dummy wrote:
    > David H. Lipman wrote:

    >> Look up Virtual Private Network (VPN) thats's your solution. A private
    >> tunnel netween PC(1) and PC(2) thorough the Internet.

    > I try UltraVNC and believe could the native VNC should work.

    You'd run that (or whatever else) over the tunnel.

    > I just want avoid junks install into my pc, you never know what's the
    > catch beneath it, spyware or something else.

    Register with dyndns.org (so you don't have to go "nmap" for your own
    boxen, after IP changes.)

    Forward port 1194 from your routers to your PCs, and install/configure
    OpenVPN: http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=openvpn

    --
    -Menno.

  5. Re: Help: 2 broadband internet connection with routers networking.

    From: "dummy"

    | David H. Lipman wrote:
    >> From: "dummy"
    >>

    |>> I would like to network my PC(1) at home which connected with cable
    |>> broadband with PC(2) at my store which is connected with DSL.
    |>>
    |>> Both PC have a router, Intel and NetGEAR; and both are dynamic IP.
    |>>
    |>> I wonder if I open a forward/receive ports in the routers:
    |>> a) Which IP address should I input? the local 192.168.x.x on both
    |>> or real dynamic IP address ( e.g.: 72.187.23.78 for pc(1) & 98.45.148.98
    |>> for pc(2) )
    |>> b) Do I have to make sure the port on both end is the same or doen't matter?
    |>>
    |>> p/s: current configuration on both router using default mode: all ports
    |>> are in stealth.
    >>
    >> Look up Virtual Private Network (VPN) thats's your solution. A private tunnel netween
    >> PC(1) and PC(2) thorough the Internet.
    >>

    | I try UltraVNC and believe could the native VNC should work.
    |
    | I just want avoid junks install into my pc, you never know what's the
    | catch beneath it, spyware or something else.

    Either that or VPN Routers on both ends.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

+ Reply to Thread