ZA trapping domain name. - Network

This is a discussion on ZA trapping domain name. - Network ; I connect to a vpn. When using the domain name in ZA it disallows the connection. When using the ip in ZA it allows the connection. In the ZA "edit host/site" window for the domain name, it is translating the ...

  1. ZA trapping domain name.

    I connect to a vpn. When using the domain name in ZA it disallows
    the connection.
    When using the ip in ZA it allows the connection.
    In the ZA "edit host/site" window for the domain name, it is translating
    the domain name to the ip address correctly!
    I would prefer to use the domain name for the ip address can change.
    Any ideas how to config ZA to use the domain name?
    tia

  2. Re: ZA trapping domain name.

    "quantum" wrote in message
    > I connect to a vpn. When using the domain name in ZA it disallows
    > the connection.
    > When using the ip in ZA it allows the connection.
    > In the ZA "edit host/site" window for the domain name, it is translating
    > the domain name to the ip address correctly!
    > I would prefer to use the domain name for the ip address can change.
    > Any ideas how to config ZA to use the domain name?
    > tia

    Are you sure it's ZA doing it? IE does it work with ZA turned off, by FQDN?
    Because some VPN setups won't resolve names across the VPN.

    -Russ.

+ Reply to Thread