My Netgear Prosafe FR 114P quit working - Network

This is a discussion on My Netgear Prosafe FR 114P quit working - Network ; The other day I had problems with my internet (Comcast cable) connection, and I could not get it to work. Not until I disconnected the Netgear did I get a connection w/o a problem. It worked right away. I used ...

  1. My Netgear Prosafe FR 114P quit working

    The other day I had problems with my internet (Comcast cable) connection,
    and I could not get it to work. Not until I disconnected the Netgear did I
    get a connection w/o a problem. It worked right away. I used this FR114P for
    less then a year w/o any problems. I use Win XP Home with all updates. I did
    find a key logger on my machine (software logger) Maybe the person that may
    have added the keylogger, may have disconnected my firewall as well. Do
    these things brake, or do they loose an IP address or something like it.
    Please be gentle with me, I'm trying to figure this out, but I am totally
    drawing a blank. Many many thanks in advance........Peter

  2. Re: My Netgear Prosafe FR 114P quit working

    I've had the same problem... Just replace the firmware in the firewall after
    a hard reset and the problems are gone....

    Johan

    "PeterM" schreef in bericht
    > The other day I had problems with my internet (Comcast cable) connection,
    > and I could not get it to work. Not until I disconnected the Netgear did I
    > get a connection w/o a problem. It worked right away. I used this FR114P
    > for less then a year w/o any problems. I use Win XP Home with all updates.
    > I did find a key logger on my machine (software logger) Maybe the person
    > that may have added the keylogger, may have disconnected my firewall as
    > well. Do these things brake, or do they loose an IP address or something
    > like it. Please be gentle with me, I'm trying to figure this out, but I am
    > totally drawing a blank. Many many thanks in advance........Peter

+ Reply to Thread