sonicwall tz170w. cannot access wired lan from wireless side - Network

This is a discussion on sonicwall tz170w. cannot access wired lan from wireless side - Network ; I'm trying to set up a tz170w firewall / router. Everything is fine on the wired side and fine on the wireless side. Except I can't communicate from one side to the other. I can ping the wired gateway from ...

  1. sonicwall tz170w. cannot access wired lan from wireless side

    I'm trying to set up a tz170w firewall / router. Everything is fine on
    the wired side and fine on the wireless side. Except I can't
    communicate from one side to the other. I can ping the wired gateway
    from a wireless client, but that seems to be about it.
    I'm using WEP 128 bit and have added firewall rules:
    WLAN any address to LAN any address ANY service
    LAN any address to WLAN any address ANY service

    Is anybody out there familiar with the Sonicwall Products?

    Thanks,

    Bruce

  2. Re: sonicwall tz170w. cannot access wired lan from wireless side

    Hi Bruce:

    Is your wireless PC connected via Wireless Guest Services?
    Is WifiSec enforcement is enabled?

    If so, connect and then run the Global VPN client to gain access to the
    LAN from the wireless PC.
    Or turn off WifiSec enforcement

  3. Re: sonicwall tz170w. cannot access wired lan from wireless side

    "bruce ackman" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to set up a tz170w firewall / router. Everything is fine on
    > the wired side and fine on the wireless side. Except I can't communicate
    > from one side to the other. I can ping the wired gateway from a wireless
    > client, but that seems to be about it.
    > I'm using WEP 128 bit and have added firewall rules:
    > WLAN any address to LAN any address ANY service
    > LAN any address to WLAN any address ANY service
    >
    > Is anybody out there familiar with the Sonicwall Products?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bruce

    Inside the TZ170W you need to enable the wireless to be able to see the
    wired. I have had this issue too but then you have to enable it. i never
    did, it wasn't a big deal for mine.

  4. Re: sonicwall tz170w. cannot access wired lan from wireless side

    "ABS" wrote in message

    > "bruce ackman" wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to set up a tz170w firewall / router. Everything is fine on
    >> the wired side and fine on the wireless side. Except I can't communicate
    >> from one side to the other. I can ping the wired gateway from a wireless
    >> client, but that seems to be about it.
    >> I'm using WEP 128 bit and have added firewall rules:
    >> WLAN any address to LAN any address ANY service
    >> LAN any address to WLAN any address ANY service
    >>
    >> Is anybody out there familiar with the Sonicwall Products?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Bruce

    > Inside the TZ170W you need to enable the wireless to be able to see the
    > wired. I have had this issue too but then you have to enable it. i never
    > did, it wasn't a big deal for mine.

    Make sure you have Wifi IPSEC Enforcement turned off. If this is enabled
    clients will be able to associate, but not connect to the LAN, to talk to
    the LAN they are required to use th Global VPN Client and establish an IPSEC
    VPN session. Its actually a feature of the Sonicwalls.

+ Reply to Thread