guest accessing home LAN - Network

This is a discussion on guest accessing home LAN - Network ; Hi there, I have set up a small Windows XP wi-fi LAN at home which requires a WEP password to log onto. Now I have a guest staying with his own laptop which I want him to be able to ...

  1. guest accessing home LAN

    Hi there,

    I have set up a small Windows XP wi-fi LAN at home which requires a WEP
    password to log onto.

    Now I have a guest staying with his own laptop which I want him to be able
    to use on my LAN, but once he has entered the WEP password he gets a message
    saying he can not access the LAN as I have to enter his computer on a access
    list?

    Can somebody tell me how I can do this as I haven't found an option to do
    this.

    TIA,
    RJ

  2. Re: guest accessing home LAN

    "RJ" wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have set up a small Windows XP wi-fi LAN at home which requires a WEP
    > password to log onto.
    >
    > Now I have a guest staying with his own laptop which I want him to be able
    > to use on my LAN, but once he has entered the WEP password he gets a

    message
    > saying he can not access the LAN as I have to enter his computer on a

    access
    > list?
    >
    > Can somebody tell me how I can do this as I haven't found an option to do
    > this.
    >
    > TIA,
    > RJ

    Look for an option called "MAC Filtering" or similar. Enter the MAC from
    his adaptor (found by looking at it physcially or reading the output from
    "ipconfig /all") into the table. Which, btw, should already have your MAC
    in it, so you can compare the output from your own system to ensure that you
    overcome any interface/syntax issues.

    -Russ.

+ Reply to Thread