What to choose for CheckPoint Firewall-1 ? - Network

This is a discussion on What to choose for CheckPoint Firewall-1 ? - Network ; What to choose for CheckPoint Firewall-1 ? Nokia or Crossbeam? (NOKIA IP 740 Crosbeam C30) And why? slavek...

  1. What to choose for CheckPoint Firewall-1 ?

    What to choose for CheckPoint Firewall-1 ? Nokia or Crossbeam? (NOKIA IP 740
    Crosbeam C30)
    And why?

    slavek

  2. Re: What to choose for CheckPoint Firewall-1 ?

    I can only speak about the nokia platform. For one nokia has it's own
    ip clustering technology(load sharing) that checkpoint recognizes. Or
    you can use the VRRP for high availability. IPSO is the OS on nokia
    which is a hardened flavor of unix. Here is a sample of everything you
    can do from the Voyager Configuration: I like the nokia platform but
    make sure the model you buy is not on the short list of support. They
    are notorious for "end of life" on their products even after they just
    come out.

    From what I have heard is that Crossbeams selling point is putting
    everything in one box, including IDS, etc...

    slavek wrote:

    >What to choose for CheckPoint Firewall-1 ? Nokia or Crossbeam? (NOKIA IP 740
    >Crosbeam C30)
    >And why?
    >
    >slavek

  3. Re: What to choose for CheckPoint Firewall-1 ?

    Why not look at Checkpoints SPLAT platform. Hardened Linux runs on Intel
    platforms.
    I think performance and hardware-economy outperforms Nokia and Crossbeam .

    /Jeppe

    On 13/05/05 10:59, in article d61qoh$g08$3@inews.gazeta.pl, "slavek"
    wrote:

    > What to choose for CheckPoint Firewall-1 ? Nokia or Crossbeam? (NOKIA IP 740
    > Crosbeam C30)
    > And why?
    >
    > slavek

+ Reply to Thread