network latency - routable address behind NAT - Network

This is a discussion on network latency - routable address behind NAT - Network ; Hello...I have been experiencing some random network latency problems, and I think it may be related to my addressing scheme. I am involved with a network using a watchguard firewall and 2 VPN tunnels from branch offices. All 3 of ...

  1. network latency - routable address behind NAT

    Hello...I have been experiencing some random network latency problems, and I
    think it may be related to my addressing scheme. I am involved with a
    network using a watchguard firewall and 2 VPN tunnels from branch offices.
    All 3 of our networks have routable addresses (one is 221.x.x.x, the other
    two are 9.x.x.x).

    Can anyone comment on this setup, as far as if this would cause network
    problems?

    I have on a project list to convert all networks to non-routable internal
    addresses, but am wondering if I should move this project up the list.

    Thanks in advance for any comments.

  2. Re: network latency - routable address behind NAT

    "Jimmy" wrote in message
    > Hello...I have been experiencing some random network latency problems, and

    > think it may be related to my addressing scheme. I am involved with a
    > network using a watchguard firewall and 2 VPN tunnels from branch offices.
    > All 3 of our networks have routable addresses (one is 221.x.x.x, the other
    > two are 9.x.x.x).
    >
    > Can anyone comment on this setup, as far as if this would cause network
    > problems?
    >
    > I have on a project list to convert all networks to non-routable internal
    > addresses, but am wondering if I should move this project up the list.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any comments.

    The use of routable vs non-routable should not change latency. If anything,
    using routable should be faster as no address translation is required.

    -Russ.

+ Reply to Thread