filtering ports on the switch ? - Network

This is a discussion on filtering ports on the switch ? - Network ; Hi All, How with a windows xp computer to define the switch filters the certain port (s) ? Best regards Boris...

  1. filtering ports on the switch ?

    Hi All,

    How with a windows xp computer to define the switch filters the certain port
    (s) ?

    Best regards

    Boris

  2. Re: filtering ports on the switch ?

    Hello Boris,

    I think this is what you are asking for:

    Go into "Network Connections".

    Right-click the network in question, and go to Properties

    Go into the General tab and double-click the "Internet Protocol TCP/IP
    " selection.

    Click on the Advanced button at the bottom, right.

    Go into the Options tab.

    Select "TCP/IP Filtering" and click on the Properties button.

    And there you are with the options it sounds like you are asking for.

    You can make sure your Internet/network services are running with
    First Alert Service Monitor. Available here:
    http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

    Kind Regards,
    Bill Krahmer

    Internet/network service monitoring software.
    "First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.
    http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:08:41 +0200, "Boris Skoblo"
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >How with a windows xp computer to define the switch filters the certain port
    >(s) ?
    >
    >Best regards
    >
    >Boris

  3. Re: filtering ports on the switch ?

    Hi Bill,

    No it is not: switch is network hardware device

    Boris

    "Bill Krahmer" wrote in
    message news:4cvi411s1d2ld0g5nl8taqso1k3st89omi@4ax.com...
    > Hello Boris,
    >
    > I think this is what you are asking for:
    >
    > Go into "Network Connections".
    >
    > Right-click the network in question, and go to Properties
    >
    > Go into the General tab and double-click the "Internet Protocol TCP/IP
    > " selection.
    >
    > Click on the Advanced button at the bottom, right.
    >
    > Go into the Options tab.
    >
    > Select "TCP/IP Filtering" and click on the Properties button.
    >
    > And there you are with the options it sounds like you are asking for.
    >

    > You can make sure your Internet/network services are running with
    > First Alert Service Monitor. Available here:
    > http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm
    >

    > Kind Regards,
    > Bill Krahmer
    >
    > Internet/network service monitoring software.
    > "First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.
    > http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm
    >

    > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:08:41 +0200, "Boris Skoblo"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >>How with a windows xp computer to define the switch filters the certain
    >>port
    >>(s) ?
    >>
    >>Best regards
    >>
    >>Boris

  4. Re: filtering ports on the switch ?

    Hello Boris,

    I am sorry, your question is unclear, then. If you want to filter
    ports on a switch (I think this is what you are asking, now), the
    switch has to be a "smart" switch that you can log into and configure,
    not dependant on Windows XP.

    Please re-phrase if this is not what you mean.

    Kind Regards,
    Bill Krahmer

    Internet/network service monitoring software.
    "First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.
    http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:39:28 +0200, "Boris Skoblo"
    wrote:

    >Hi Bill,
    >
    >No it is not: switch is network hardware device
    >
    >Boris
    >
    >"Bill Krahmer" wrote in
    >message news:4cvi411s1d2ld0g5nl8taqso1k3st89omi@4ax.com...
    >> Hello Boris,
    >>
    >> I think this is what you are asking for:
    >>
    >> Go into "Network Connections".
    >>
    >> Right-click the network in question, and go to Properties
    >>
    >> Go into the General tab and double-click the "Internet Protocol TCP/IP
    >> " selection.
    >>
    >> Click on the Advanced button at the bottom, right.
    >>
    >> Go into the Options tab.
    >>
    >> Select "TCP/IP Filtering" and click on the Properties button.
    >>
    >> And there you are with the options it sounds like you are asking for.
    >>

    >> You can make sure your Internet/network services are running with
    >> First Alert Service Monitor. Available here:
    >> http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm
    >>

    >> Kind Regards,
    >> Bill Krahmer
    >>
    >> Internet/network service monitoring software.
    >> "First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.
    >> http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm
    >>

    >> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:08:41 +0200, "Boris Skoblo"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi All,
    >>>
    >>>How with a windows xp computer to define the switch filters the certain
    >>>port
    >>>(s) ?
    >>>
    >>>Best regards
    >>>
    >>>Boris

  5. Re: filtering ports on the switch ?

    Hi. You might have to telnet to the switch. Try HyperTerm.

    From command prompt, type "hypertrm".

    dg

    "Boris Skoblo" wrote in news:d2dhjt$j07$1
    @news.iucc.ac.il:

    > Hi Bill,
    >
    > No it is not: switch is network hardware device
    >
    > Boris
    >
    > "Bill Krahmer" wrote

    in
    > message news:4cvi411s1d2ld0g5nl8taqso1k3st89omi@4ax.com...
    >> Hello Boris,
    >>
    >> I think this is what you are asking for:
    >>
    >> Go into "Network Connections".
    >>
    >> Right-click the network in question, and go to Properties
    >>
    >> Go into the General tab and double-click the "Internet Protocol TCP/IP
    >> " selection.
    >>
    >> Click on the Advanced button at the bottom, right.
    >>
    >> Go into the Options tab.
    >>
    >> Select "TCP/IP Filtering" and click on the Properties button.
    >>
    >> And there you are with the options it sounds like you are asking for.
    >>

    >> You can make sure your Internet/network services are running with
    >> First Alert Service Monitor. Available here:
    >> http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm
    >>

    >> Kind Regards,
    >> Bill Krahmer
    >>
    >> Internet/network service monitoring software.
    >> "First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.
    >> http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm
    >>

    >> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:08:41 +0200, "Boris Skoblo"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi All,
    >>>
    >>>How with a windows xp computer to define the switch filters the

    certain
    >>>port
    >>>(s) ?
    >>>
    >>>Best regards