Firewall Testing - Network

This is a discussion on Firewall Testing - Network ; Hello, I have a platform set up to test personal firewalls to make a decision on which is the best one. I have a PC used to contain the firewall and another to send data to it and test it. ...

  1. Firewall Testing

    Hello,

    I have a platform set up to test personal firewalls to make a decision
    on which is the best one. I have a PC used to contain the firewall and
    another to send data to it and test it. What different tests can be
    implmented using this platform and how can they be carried out.

    Thanks
    Dan.

  2. Re: Firewall Testing

    "Dan" wrote in message
    news:1111667264.803836.34150@o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a platform set up to test personal firewalls to make a decision
    > on which is the best one. I have a PC used to contain the firewall and
    > another to send data to it and test it. What different tests can be
    > implmented using this platform and how can they be carried out.

    You're unlikely to make determinations with your setup that are better than
    those by independant testing labs, and if you did, you would be spending
    many man days on the project. I recommend you pick two or three good
    reputable publications online and see what their comparison tests yeild and
    save yourself the grief.

    -Russ.

  3. Re: Firewall Testing

    "Dan" wrote in
    news:1111667264.803836.34150@o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a platform set up to test personal firewalls to make a decision
    > on which is the best one. I have a PC used to contain the firewall and
    > another to send data to it and test it. What different tests can be
    > implmented using this platform and how can they be carried out.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dan.

    Hi. Just use this.

    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/

    btw - they also have a comparison chart of the defferent PFW's and how
    they stack up against the tests.

    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/statistics.htm

    dg

+ Reply to Thread