2 T1 lines - Network

This is a discussion on 2 T1 lines - Network ; Hello, I am looking into having a 2nd T1 brought into our building. This one will be used for Video Conferencing, Websites, and IP phones. We need to have they WebSites on the new T1 to be able to see ...

  1. 2 T1 lines

    Hello,

    I am looking into having a 2nd T1 brought into our building. This one will
    be used for Video Conferencing, Websites, and IP phones. We need to have
    they WebSites on the new T1 to be able to see the Servers on our current
    network which is on our current T1 with the public IP's it provides as well
    as non-public through DHCP. Both T's will have their own router and
    firewalls and different IP ranges. What would be the easiest way to have
    the 2 different Networks to be able to communicate seemlessly as they were
    one network while keeping the Bandwidth on each T seperate?

    Thanks.

    Tim

  2. Re: 2 T1 lines

    Tim wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking into having a 2nd T1 brought into our building. This
    > one will be used for Video Conferencing, Websites, and IP phones. We
    > need to have they WebSites on the new T1 to be able to see the
    > Servers on our current network which is on our current T1 with the
    > public IP's it provides as well as non-public through DHCP. Both
    > T's will have their own router and firewalls and different IP ranges.
    > What would be the easiest way to have the 2 different Networks to be
    > able to communicate seemlessly as they were one network while keeping
    > the Bandwidth on each T seperate?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Tim

    Hire a professional.

    Q (I'm not kidding)

  3. Re: 2 T1 lines

    Quaoar wrote:
    > Tim wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I am looking into having a 2nd T1 brought into our building. This
    >>one will be used for Video Conferencing, Websites, and IP phones. We
    >>need to have they WebSites on the new T1 to be able to see the
    >>Servers on our current network which is on our current T1 with the
    >>public IP's it provides as well as non-public through DHCP. Both
    >>T's will have their own router and firewalls and different IP ranges.
    >>What would be the easiest way to have the 2 different Networks to be
    >>able to communicate seemlessly as they were one network while keeping
    >>the Bandwidth on each T seperate?
    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>Tim

    > Hire a professional.
    >
    > Q (I'm not kidding)

    What do you mean I'm not kidding? Is that in reference to Q from ST?

  4. Re: 2 T1 lines

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.os2.networking.tcp-ip.]
    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:31:42 -0500, Tim wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking into having a 2nd T1 brought into our building. This one will
    > be used for Video Conferencing, Websites, and IP phones. We need to have
    > they WebSites on the new T1 to be able to see the Servers on our current
    > network which is on our current T1 with the public IP's it provides as well
    > as non-public through DHCP. Both T's will have their own router and
    > firewalls and different IP ranges. What would be the easiest way to have
    > the 2 different Networks to be able to communicate seemlessly as they were
    > one network while keeping the Bandwidth on each T seperate?

    I'm not really clear on what you're asking, but I'll take a shot. You
    should have a unified LAN on the inside, with default routes for each
    machine pointing to whichever router they should be using. This should be
    trivial if you're using DHCP.

    --
    -- Skylar Thompson (skylar@cs.earlham.edu)
    -- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/