Sonicwall Problem - Network

This is a discussion on Sonicwall Problem - Network ; I recently had a T1 data circuit installed to replace a 1M DSL account. We use a sonicwall pro 200 as our firewall. For some reason when I reconfigure the network on the sonicwall for the new circuit and bring ...

  1. Sonicwall Problem

    I recently had a T1 data circuit installed to replace a 1M DSL account. We
    use a sonicwall pro 200 as our firewall. For some reason when I reconfigure
    the network on the sonicwall for the new circuit and bring it up, the web
    traffic from network computers on it runs at about 50-60k. The circuit ran
    fine when run directly into my laptop. I even tested it through and old
    SOHO/10 and it worked there too!

    Any ideas on where to look for the cause of this problem? When I put the
    circuit back to the DSL account speeds ramp right back up to normal again.
    Strangely enough with this traffic problem I'm still able to copy a file to
    a remote office through a VPN channel and it seems okay with that kind of
    traffic.

    Thanks,

    Andrew

  2. Re: Sonicwall Problem

    Andrew:

    Sonicwall has ingress and egress bandwidth control on the interfaces..
    pl go through those settings to see if one of those is misconfigured.

    Aflah Ameer

    Andrew Jones wrote:
    > I recently had a T1 data circuit installed to replace a 1M DSL

    account. We
    > use a sonicwall pro 200 as our firewall. For some reason when I

    reconfigure
    > the network on the sonicwall for the new circuit and bring it up, the

    web
    > traffic from network computers on it runs at about 50-60k. The

    circuit ran
    > fine when run directly into my laptop. I even tested it through and

    old
    > SOHO/10 and it worked there too!
    >
    > Any ideas on where to look for the cause of this problem? When I put

    the
    > circuit back to the DSL account speeds ramp right back up to normal

    again.
    > Strangely enough with this traffic problem I'm still able to copy a

    file to
    > a remote office through a VPN channel and it seems okay with that

    kind of
    > traffic.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Andrew