phone-controlled switch - Network

This is a discussion on phone-controlled switch - Network ; Hi, I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a networking solution able to switch between a 8Mbps line and its backup. This "black box" should be remote controlled by phone call. regards, DD...

  1. phone-controlled switch

    Hi,
    I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a networking solution able to switch
    between a 8Mbps line and its backup. This "black box" should be remote
    controlled by phone call.
    regards,
    DD

  2. Re: phone-controlled switch

    "Daniel Dupont" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a networking solution able to

    switch
    > between a 8Mbps line and its backup. This "black box" should be remote
    > controlled by phone call.
    > regards,
    > DD

    Wouldn't an automated solution that switches when a destination goes down be
    more useful? Certainly it would be far more mainstream.

    -Russ.

+ Reply to Thread