PIX 506 snmp public community - Network

This is a discussion on PIX 506 snmp public community - Network ; Hi there, I want top monitor CPU load on a PIX 506 using MRTG ! How do I set up the SNMP end on the PIX ? Any advice will be much appreciated. Kind regards, Hennie...

  1. PIX 506 snmp public community

    Hi there,

    I want top monitor CPU load on a PIX 506 using MRTG ! How do I set up
    the SNMP end on the PIX ? Any advice will be much appreciated.

    Kind regards,

    Hennie

  2. Re: PIX 506 snmp public community

    "Hennie Rautenbach" wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I want top monitor CPU load on a PIX 506 using MRTG ! How do I set up
    > the SNMP end on the PIX ? Any advice will be much appreciated.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Hennie

    You need to get the MIB from the manufacturer for your management software,
    then enable snmp on the pix and configure the communities.

    -Russ.

  3. Re: PIX 506 snmp public community

    Somebody wrote:

    > You need to get the MIB from the manufacturer for your management software,
    > then enable snmp on the pix and configure the communities.

    Thanks, yes, if I have the MIB how do I enable SNMP on the PIX ?

    H.

  4. Re: PIX 506 snmp public community

    pix(config)# snmp-server host inside 192.168.0.200
    pix(config)# snmp-server host inside 192.168.0.200 trap
    pix(config)# snmp-server host inside 192.168.0.200 poll
    pix(config)# snmp-server enable traps

    here 192.168.0.200 is the host that holds the syslog server.
    There a voulnerability in regards to snmp , read about it on Cisco's
    website. Do not allow polling from outside.

    Cheers!

    Julian Dragut

    > Somebody wrote:
    >
    > > You need to get the MIB from the manufacturer for your management

    software,
    > > then enable snmp on the pix and configure the communities.

    > Thanks, yes, if I have the MIB how do I enable SNMP on the PIX ?
    >
    > H.

+ Reply to Thread