Netscreen 5XP Screen OS Update?????? - Network

This is a discussion on Netscreen 5XP Screen OS Update?????? - Network ; Hello Everyone, I have a NS 5XP with software version 3.0.3r1.0 (SN: 0018062002006949, Firewall+VPN) I am wondering if there is anybody out there who has a later version of this Screen OS. It has been a long time since I ...

  1. Netscreen 5XP Screen OS Update??????

    Hello Everyone,

    I have a NS 5XP with software version 3.0.3r1.0 (SN: 0018062002006949,
    Firewall+VPN)
    I am wondering if there is anybody out there who has a later version of this
    Screen OS. It has been a long time since I looked at the NS website and
    many things have changed. Not the least of which is that its no longer
    Netscreen ! lol. Anyway if there is anyone who has the upgrade and wants to
    share that would be appreciated. BTW this unit is obviously no longer
    supported so I am assuming that I am not asking for anything illegal.

    TIA

    T-MAN

  2. Re: Netscreen 5XP Screen OS Update??????

    There is current ScreenOS available for the XP, so that does mean that
    it is still supported.

    "BTW this unit is obviously no longer supported so I am assuming that I
    am not asking for anything illegal."

    What you need to do is do the right thing, purchase maintenance and
    download current ScreenOS instead of being a freakin' tard. Software
    maintenance is so freakin' cheap these days, so suck it up and pay for
    it.

  3. Re: Netscreen 5XP Screen OS Update??????

    T-Man wrote:
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I have a NS 5XP with software version 3.0.3r1.0 (SN: 0018062002006949,
    > Firewall+VPN)
    > I am wondering if there is anybody out there who has a later version of this
    > Screen OS. It has been a long time since I looked at the NS website and
    > many things have changed. Not the least of which is that its no longer
    > Netscreen ! lol. Anyway if there is anyone who has the upgrade and wants to
    > share that would be appreciated. BTW this unit is obviously no longer
    > supported so I am assuming that I am not asking for anything illegal.

    https://www.juniper.net/support/nscn...ol_ns_5xp.html

    "The NetScreen-5XP appliance will reach End of Service on 31-January
    2007, in accordance with standard NetScreen Obsolescence Guidelines."

    Register your box and pay to upgrade it - gives you a current box for
    less than you'd pay for anything else worth having. Or sell it to me :-)

    > TIA
    >
    > T-MAN

  4. Re: Netscreen 5XP Screen OS Update??????

    "T-Man" wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I have a NS 5XP with software version 3.0.3r1.0 (SN: 0018062002006949,
    > Firewall+VPN)
    > I am wondering if there is anybody out there who has a later version of

    this
    > Screen OS. It has been a long time since I looked at the NS website and
    > many things have changed. Not the least of which is that its no longer
    > Netscreen ! lol. Anyway if there is anyone who has the upgrade and wants

    > share that would be appreciated. BTW this unit is obviously no longer
    > supported so I am assuming that I am not asking for anything illegal.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > T-MAN

    As you've been told, it's copyrighted software, so that would be illegal.
    The current OS available for the XP is 5.0.0r9.0. Netscreens have become
    part of the Juniper product line now. Call them up and ask them, you may be
    able to do a one-time software upgrade purchase, or else get a software-only
    support contract, that would be cheaper than the full maintenance contact.
    1800-638-8296

    -Russ.

+ Reply to Thread