zonealarm blocks network browsing under VPN, why ?? - Network

This is a discussion on zonealarm blocks network browsing under VPN, why ?? - Network ; OK this is not my native tongue but i will try anyway :+) Iam currently connected to my university through a vpn connection. So far so good. The problem is when i try to connect to my serverspace on a ...

  1. zonealarm blocks network browsing under VPN, why ??

    OK this is not my native tongue but i will try anyway :+)

    Iam currently connected to my university through a vpn connection. So
    far so good. The problem is when i try to connect to my serverspace on a
    fileserver via the explorer. After some idle time i get a error message
    that "windows cannot find \\servername. Check the spelling and try
    again".

    I know the servername is correct and if i shutdown zonealarm i can
    connect without problems.

    My question is now, how do i configurate zonealarm so i can use it and
    still connect to that server. I have tried to add the ip adress of the
    server to the trusted zone, but that didnt help.

    There is no dialog popup from zonealarm when i try to acces the server
    via the explorer so i cant grant acces in that way!!

    HELP :0)

    Best wishes

    Jakob

  2. Re: zonealarm blocks network browsing under VPN, why ??

    > Try accessing it by ip like \\12.34.56.78 rather than server name.

    Funny now i can get a bit further, by doing what you suggested i actualy
    now can see the folders on the server, now it seems i dont have the
    rights to go any further. This is strange to me but hardly has anything
    to do with the firewall.
    Anyway its progress.

    I will look into it more tomorrow.

    > the zonealarm for the block on port 445 and unblock it for that IP

    Where in zonealarm can i find that option (iam using the free version)

    Best wishes

    Jakob

+ Reply to Thread