Updating DATS in McAfee Viruscan - Network

This is a discussion on Updating DATS in McAfee Viruscan - Network ; Yesterday I was helping a friend to update their DAT files - downloaded 4419xdat.exe and installed it into v 7, and it stopped the computer from booting - just stopped as one of the splash screens was showing. Did a ...

  1. Updating DATS in McAfee Viruscan

    Yesterday I was helping a friend to update their DAT files - downloaded
    4419xdat.exe and installed it into v 7, and it stopped the computer from
    booting - just stopped as one of the splash screens was showing. Did a step
    by step boot up and it was during Viruscan's checking process that it ground
    to a halt. I removed Viruscan altogether and all was fine again.

    Looked today at McAfees web site and they say that DATS are no longer
    available for version 7, so I'm wondering if 4419 is simply incompatible
    with v 7.

    If this is so, does anyone know which was the last DAT file that WAS
    compatible?

    Cheers

  2. Re: Updating DATS in McAfee Viruscan

    Sorry, slip of mouse - sent to wrong group!

+ Reply to Thread