Zonealarm lockup vsmon win XP SP2 - Network

This is a discussion on Zonealarm lockup vsmon win XP SP2 - Network ; Suddenly, after years of unproblematic functioning, Zonealarms vsmon starts to hog my CPU (99%, says taskmanager): a full-blown DoS attack, it seems. And only for 1 user: me. not when I log in as, say, admin. Have to uninstall ZA ...

  1. Zonealarm lockup vsmon win XP SP2

    Suddenly, after years of unproblematic functioning, Zonealarms vsmon
    starts to hog my CPU (99%, says taskmanager): a full-blown DoS
    attack, it seems.
    And only for 1 user: me. not when I log in as, say, admin.

    Have to uninstall ZA for my comp to function again
    What is happening on my Win XP SP2 machine ???
    Za 5.5

    fr gr
    Erik

  2. Re: Zonealarm lockup vsmon win XP SP2

    wrote in message news:dfjcu0drr443to46f6klh7jf90fd3e1f1g@4ax.com...
    > Suddenly, after years of unproblematic functioning, Zonealarms vsmon
    > starts to hog my CPU (99%, says taskmanager): a full-blown DoS
    > attack, it seems.
    > And only for 1 user: me. not when I log in as, say, admin.
    >
    > Have to uninstall ZA for my comp to function again
    > What is happening on my Win XP SP2 machine ???
    > Za 5.5
    >

    > fr gr
    > Erik

    Probably some sort of spyware/malware is fighting with ZA. Do a spybot and
    a adaware sweep while logged in as admin.

    Plus a full virus scan of course.

    -Russ.

  3. Re: Zonealarm lockup vsmon win XP SP2

    > Suddenly, after years of unproblematic functioning, Zonealarms vsmon
    > starts to hog my CPU (99%, says taskmanager): a full-blown DoS
    > attack, it seems.
    > And only for 1 user: me. not when I log in as, say, admin.
    >
    > Have to uninstall ZA for my comp to function again
    > What is happening on my Win XP SP2 machine ???
    > Za 5.5

    It's a well-known problem with later versions of ZA.

    Google groups for vsmon.exe

    I tried re-installing an older version, and it didn't work.

    I've switched to Kerio because of it.

+ Reply to Thread