Fortigate 3000 vs SonicWall 5060 - Network

This is a discussion on Fortigate 3000 vs SonicWall 5060 - Network ; Does anyone know of some performance reviews on these two products Fortigate 3000 SonicWall 5060 steve...

  1. Fortigate 3000 vs SonicWall 5060

    Does anyone know of some performance reviews on these two products
    Fortigate 3000
    SonicWall 5060

    steve

  2. Re: Fortigate 3000 vs SonicWall 5060

    "SteveS" wrote in message
    news:1104108010.598198.26420@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
    > Does anyone know of some performance reviews on these two products
    > Fortigate 3000
    > SonicWall 5060
    >
    > steve

    I can answer most any question about the 3000. I know little to nothing
    about the Sonicwall. If I can be of help, please ask.

    -Russ.

  3. Re: Fortigate 3000 vs SonicWall 5060

    I don't know the Sonicwall 5060 but I do know Sonicwall's support, as a
    matter of fact I'm waiting for Tier 2 to call, so far 2 hours late from when
    I was assured they would call. My phone just rang, however it was hung up
    just after I answered. I hope that wasn't them......

    Tier 1 support is off shore in India. They don't speak very good English,
    they don't listen well and just frankly don't know the product well. I
    finally gave up and requested to speak to Tier 2.

    This is my second Sonicwall. Support used to be very good but it was gone
    south (or should I say east) somewhere along the line. If I knew then what I
    know now I would not have bought the second Sonicwall.

    "SteveS" wrote in message
    news:1104108010.598198.26420@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
    > Does anyone know of some performance reviews on these two products
    > Fortigate 3000
    > SonicWall 5060
    >
    > steve

  4. Re: Fortigate 3000 vs SonicWall 5060

    "RG" wrote in message
    > I don't know the Sonicwall 5060 but I do know Sonicwall's support, as a
    > matter of fact I'm waiting for Tier 2 to call, so far 2 hours late from

    when
    > I was assured they would call. My phone just rang, however it was hung up
    > just after I answered. I hope that wasn't them......
    >
    > Tier 1 support is off shore in India. They don't speak very good English,
    > they don't listen well and just frankly don't know the product well. I
    > finally gave up and requested to speak to Tier 2.
    >
    > This is my second Sonicwall. Support used to be very good but it was gone
    > south (or should I say east) somewhere along the line. If I knew then what

    > know now I would not have bought the second Sonicwall.

    As a counterpoint, Fortigate's tier 1/2/3 support is all in US or Canada.
    Tier 2 escalations are generally real time, tier 3 are callbacks. Of
    course, people that buy from the company I work for, get to bug me too --
    resellers have alternate additional resources they can draw on as well, but
    I can handle a lot of the tier 1 and 2 configuration/function type questions
    on my own, just like any good reseller. The FG reseller group is a lot
    smaller than many others, and I like to think better trained than many.

    Contrasted with NetScreen, where tier 2 is a callback, and tier 3 you plot
    with calendar, not a watch. Literally.

    -Russ.

  5. Re: Fortigate 3000 vs SonicWall 5060

    Le Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:34:28 -0500, Somebody a écrit*:

    > "RG" wrote in message
    >> I don't know the Sonicwall 5060 but I do know Sonicwall's support, as a
    >> matter of fact I'm waiting for Tier 2 to call, so far 2 hours late from

    > when
    >> I was assured they would call. My phone just rang, however it was hung up
    >> just after I answered. I hope that wasn't them......
    >>
    >> Tier 1 support is off shore in India. They don't speak very good English,
    >> they don't listen well and just frankly don't know the product well. I
    >> finally gave up and requested to speak to Tier 2.
    >>
    >> This is my second Sonicwall. Support used to be very good but it was gone
    >> south (or should I say east) somewhere along the line. If I knew then what

    >> know now I would not have bought the second Sonicwall.

    > As a counterpoint, Fortigate's tier 1/2/3 support is all in US or Canada.
    > Tier 2 escalations are generally real time, tier 3 are callbacks. Of
    > course, people that buy from the company I work for, get to bug me too --
    > resellers have alternate additional resources they can draw on as well, but
    > I can handle a lot of the tier 1 and 2 configuration/function type questions
    > on my own, just like any good reseller. The FG reseller group is a lot
    > smaller than many others, and I like to think better trained than many.
    >
    > Contrasted with NetScreen, where tier 2 is a callback, and tier 3 you plot
    > with calendar, not a watch. Literally.
    >
    > -Russ.

    I use fortigate since 3 months. The Fortinet support team is good be seems
    to be more and more overflowed this time. So patience is the first quality
    you'll need if you have problems.

+ Reply to Thread