VPN clients printer could not be seen on local network (Cisco PIX501 VPN) - Network

This is a discussion on VPN clients printer could not be seen on local network (Cisco PIX501 VPN) - Network ; We have established a local network 192.168.124.0 with access from VPN clients. The connnection works and the clients computer gets an ip-number from the local lan in this case 192.168.124.15. Ping and access to Terminal service on w2k server works. ...

  1. VPN clients printer could not be seen on local network (Cisco PIX501 VPN)

    We have established a local network 192.168.124.0 with access from VPN
    clients. The connnection works and the clients computer gets an ip-number
    from the local lan
    in this case 192.168.124.15. Ping and access to Terminal service on w2k
    server works. Now if the client shares his printer this can not be accessed
    from the LAN, but if he moves to the office and connect local (he gets
    another ip 192.168.124.25) there is no problem. Do we miss som protocol or
    what is happening?
    This is important as he will use his local printer as printing device for
    the terminal server.

    regards simon

  2. Re: VPN clients printer could not be seen on local network (CiscoPIX501 VPN)

    simon wrote:
    > We have established a local network 192.168.124.0 with access from VPN
    > clients. The connnection works and the clients computer gets an ip-number
    > from the local lan
    > in this case 192.168.124.15. Ping and access to Terminal service on w2k
    > server works. Now if the client shares his printer this can not be accessed
    > from the LAN, but if he moves to the office and connect local (he gets
    > another ip 192.168.124.25) there is no problem. Do we miss som protocol or
    > what is happening?
    > This is important as he will use his local printer as printing device for
    > the terminal server.
    >
    > regards simon

    No need to share the local printer. It will be available to the terminal
    server client session as long as the driver is on the server. Check the
    TS logs.

+ Reply to Thread