what is 4.2.2.2 - Network

This is a discussion on what is 4.2.2.2 - Network ; Hi I came to found from many websites when i had a problem in Internet explorer when if i browse any websites, its showing me "Page cannot be displayed" and in bottom of the page it shows "Cannot find server ...

  1. what is 4.2.2.2

    Hi

    I came to found from many websites when i had a problem in Internet explorer
    when if i browse any websites, its showing me "Page cannot be displayed" and
    in bottom of the page it shows "Cannot find server or DNS Error" Internet
    Explorer that they advised me to put 4.2.2.2 in my Primary DNS Server.

    I am in DHCP enabled Network and using windows xp sp2.

    My question is what is this ip address mean (4.2.2.2) ? Pl explain in detail.

    Can we give it in our Primary DNS server ?

    Thanks in advance
    Chandra

    --
    chandra

  2. Re: what is 4.2.2.2

    I guess it would need to be explained on how you connect to the internet?

    Cable, DSL, Private company....... or worse dial-up..

    "gchandrujs via HWKB.com" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I came to found from many websites when i had a problem in Internet
    > explorer
    > when if i browse any websites, its showing me "Page cannot be displayed"
    > and
    > in bottom of the page it shows "Cannot find server or DNS Error" Internet
    > Explorer that they advised me to put 4.2.2.2 in my Primary DNS Server.
    >
    > I am in DHCP enabled Network and using windows xp sp2.
    >
    > My question is what is this ip address mean (4.2.2.2) ? Pl explain in
    > detail.
    >
    > Can we give it in our Primary DNS server ?
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    > Chandra
    >
    > --
    > chandra

  3. Re: what is 4.2.2.2

    Hi Bill

    Thanks for your reply. I forget to add more one problem that i even can't
    able to connect to the Intranet sites. The same error is occuring.

    Can anyone able to explain more about the 4.2.2.2 ?

    --
    chandra