odd network traffic - Network

This is a discussion on odd network traffic - Network ; I have at work a HP Procurve 2626 that is my 'core' switch that connects to two LinkSys switches, a few devices, and a HP 1800-24G switch. Users on the 2626 only intermittenly(?) can see servers on the 1800-24G switch. ...

  1. odd network traffic

    I have at work a HP Procurve 2626 that is my 'core' switch that
    connects to two LinkSys switches, a few devices, and a HP 1800-24G
    switch. Users on the 2626 only intermittenly(?) can see servers on
    the 1800-24G switch. There are no packet errors on either switch
    and no errors on the server on the 1800-24G. The 'ping test' on the
    2626 works most of the time going to the server on the 1800-24G
    switch. The same 'ping test' on the 1800-24G going to machine on
    that same switch fails most of the time.

    What's going on here and how do I fix it?

    Mike

  2. Re: odd network traffic

    In article , Mike wrote:
    > I have at work a HP Procurve 2626 that is my 'core' switch that
    > connects to two LinkSys switches, a few devices, and a HP 1800-24G
    > switch. Users on the 2626 only intermittenly(?) can see servers on
    > the 1800-24G switch. There are no packet errors on either switch
    > and no errors on the server on the 1800-24G. The 'ping test' on the
    > 2626 works most of the time going to the server on the 1800-24G
    > switch. The same 'ping test' on the 1800-24G going to machine on
    > that same switch fails most of the time.
    >
    > What's going on here and how do I fix it?
    >
    > Mike

    Looks like the problem may be a pair of commands in a new Cisco ASA
    that was causing ARP issues with two of the main servers. I have removed
    the arp commands and things seem normal.

    arp inside 10.1.1.99 9999.9999.9999 alias

    Mike

+ Reply to Thread