additional ip addresses, increased speed - Network

This is a discussion on additional ip addresses, increased speed - Network ; I was told that if I purchased and additional ip address for my home, internet access time would get faster. I have a cable modem with 3 pcs connected via a linksys router. sometimes all pcs are accessing the internet ...

  1. additional ip addresses, increased speed

    I was told that if I purchased and additional ip address for my home,
    internet access time would get faster. I have a cable modem with 3 pcs
    connected via a linksys router. sometimes all pcs are accessing the internet
    at the same time. I currently lease 2 ip addresses. When all three pcs are
    downloading at the same time it gets very slow. Would leasing another speed
    up my internet access when all three pcs on the internet at the same time?

  2. Re: additional ip addresses, increased speed

    The only way to make it faster is to get a faster connection to the
    internet. Another ip will not do that.

    --
    please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM