PCI vs USB wireless - Network

This is a discussion on PCI vs USB wireless - Network ; I'm setting up a small office network for the company that I'm working for and we've decided to go wireless due to office layout etc. I'm trying to decide whether to buy PCI or USB wireless adapters for the desktop ...

  1. PCI vs USB wireless

    I'm setting up a small office network for the company that I'm working
    for and we've decided to go wireless due to office layout etc.

    I'm trying to decide whether to buy PCI or USB wireless adapters for the
    desktop computers. Can anyone offer advice as to which is generally
    better? I'm guessing I'll get better range with the PCI cards due to the
    larger aerial but I could be mistaken.

    Philip Las Gourgues
    Osborn Lane Industrial

  2. Re: PCI vs USB wireless

    Just because you may need to save the PCI slots for something else, i'd
    go with USB.

    Brett

    Philip Las Gourgues wrote:
    > I'm setting up a small office network for the company that I'm working
    > for and we've decided to go wireless due to office layout etc.
    >
    > I'm trying to decide whether to buy PCI or USB wireless adapters for the
    > desktop computers. Can anyone offer advice as to which is generally
    > better? I'm guessing I'll get better range with the PCI cards due to the
    > larger aerial but I could be mistaken.

    > Philip Las Gourgues
    > Osborn Lane Industrial

+ Reply to Thread