Logging onto a network computer - Network

This is a discussion on Logging onto a network computer - Network ; HI Guys I have a linksys router and three computers. I can see all computers in network Places and I can get onto one of the computers but not the other for some reason. When I try I get a ...

  1. Logging onto a network computer

    HI Guys
    I have a linksys router and three computers. I can see all computers in
    network Places and I can get onto one of the computers but not the other
    for some reason. When I try I get a window looking for a password and
    user name is grayed out with computer name\Guest. I have gone on that
    computer under Computer Management and in the folder users I have
    clicked on properties for the Administrator and filed in my name and
    then went to password and clicked on ok with no password in box.
    What did I do wrong
    Nikki

  2. Re: Logging onto a network computer

    First of all, make sure you have File Sharing enabled. I noticed this as
    well and it happens if you have file sharing disabled. Just create a new
    folder, right click and hit sharing, enable file sharing, and you should
    be able to see what's shared on the computer now. -Eric

    Nikki wrote:
    > HI Guys
    > I have a linksys router and three computers. I can see all computers in
    > network Places and I can get onto one of the computers but not the other
    > for some reason. When I try I get a window looking for a password and
    > user name is grayed out with computer name\Guest. I have gone on that
    > computer under Computer Management and in the folder users I have
    > clicked on properties for the Administrator and filed in my name and
    > then went to password and clicked on ok with no password in box.
    > What did I do wrong
    > Nikki

+ Reply to Thread