Anyone with Earthlink. - Network

This is a discussion on Anyone with Earthlink. - Network ; I will be trying to sort out a simple problem with a colleague who uses Earthlink. She has three time asked them for her IP address She has been given an address 172 xxx xxx xxx. Does not work. Pinged ...

  1. Anyone with Earthlink.

    I will be trying to sort out a simple problem with a colleague who
    uses Earthlink.

    She has three time asked them for her IP address She has been given an
    address 172 xxx xxx xxx. Does not work. Pinged no response.

    I have asked her to check with WHAT IS MY IP, as I did for my own and
    she came up with two addresses that did not work. Beginning 66.XXX XXX
    XXX. My guess one could her machine and the other the ISP's address
    for her.

    I did a reverse check on the two numbers and they went back to
    Earthlink. The other went back I recal to some address in California

    OrgName: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
    OrgID: IANA
    Address: 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
    City: Marina del Rey
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 90292-6695
    Country: US

    The other two addresses went back to Earthlink.

    OrgName: EarthLink Network, Inc.
    OrgID: ERAD
    Address: 1375 PECHTREE ST, LEVEL A
    City: ATLANTA
    StateProv: GA
    PostalCode: 30309
    Country: US

    I reckon some support guy may have got it wrong with the 172 number,
    gave had information to my colleague.

    Anyone any kind commens that may harbour a suggestion that will be
    helpful.

    Alec

  2. Re: Anyone with Earthlink.

    Alec wrote:
    > I will be trying to sort out a simple problem with a colleague who
    > uses Earthlink.
    >
    > She has three time asked them for her IP address She has been given an
    > address 172 xxx xxx xxx. Does not work. Pinged no response.
    >
    > I have asked her to check with WHAT IS MY IP, as I did for my own and
    > she came up with two addresses that did not work. Beginning 66.XXX XXX
    > XXX. My guess one could her machine and the other the ISP's address
    > for her.
    >
    > I did a reverse check on the two numbers and they went back to
    > Earthlink. The other went back I recal to some address in California
    >
    > OrgName: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
    > OrgID: IANA
    > Address: 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
    > City: Marina del Rey
    > StateProv: CA
    > PostalCode: 90292-6695
    > Country: US
    >
    > The other two addresses went back to Earthlink.
    >
    > OrgName: EarthLink Network, Inc.
    > OrgID: ERAD
    > Address: 1375 PECHTREE ST, LEVEL A
    > City: ATLANTA
    > StateProv: GA
    > PostalCode: 30309
    > Country: US
    >
    > I reckon some support guy may have got it wrong with the 172 number,
    > gave had information to my colleague.
    >
    > Anyone any kind commens that may harbour a suggestion that will be
    > helpful.
    >
    > Alec

    If she is directly connected to the modem, ipconfig /all should show the
    address assigned to her system. If not, go to the router's web interface
    and read the address given to the router.

+ Reply to Thread