PC Anywhere - advice please. - Network

This is a discussion on PC Anywhere - advice please. - Network ; I have two computers set up using Netgear, a home network. WinXP Pro. The network works fine. I have relative in the USA who also has PC Anywhere. I would like to connect to that computer (obviously this is with ...

  1. PC Anywhere - advice please.

    I have two computers set up using Netgear, a home network.
    WinXP Pro.

    The network works fine.

    I have relative in the USA who also has PC Anywhere.

    I would like to connect to that computer (obviously this is with
    consent).

    What details do I need from them in order that my software will
    recognise their computer. Their IP address I guess from site "what
    ismyIP".

    Is there a recommended site that explains in fairly simple fashion,
    step by step....

    Or has someone here, the p[atience to advise.

    Be grateful for any help.

  2. Re: PC Anywhere - advice please.

    Try:
    www.gotomypc.com

    Been using this product for several years without any problems. It's
    really
    very easy to use.

    JHG

    "Alec" wrote in message
    >I have two computers set up using Netgear, a home network.
    > WinXP Pro.
    >
    > The network works fine.
    >
    > I have relative in the USA who also has PC Anywhere.
    >
    > I would like to connect to that computer (obviously this is with
    > consent).
    >
    > What details do I need from them in order that my software will
    > recognise their computer. Their IP address I guess from site "what
    > ismyIP".
    >
    > Is there a recommended site that explains in fairly simple fashion,
    > step by step....
    >
    > Or has someone here, the p[atience to advise.
    >
    > Be grateful for any help.

+ Reply to Thread