Biuffalo Wireless Netwok Sucks - Network

This is a discussion on Biuffalo Wireless Netwok Sucks - Network ; Well I tried again and this time I'm convinced.........it sucks.......... I'm reffering to wirless networking using Buffalo wireless adaptors. I am running Windows XP Pro on two machines with Zone Alarm and Norton AV, Windows Firewall is switched off. The ...

  1. Biuffalo Wireless Netwok Sucks

    Well I tried again and this time I'm convinced.........it sucks..........

    I'm reffering to wirless networking using Buffalo wireless adaptors.

    I am running Windows XP Pro on two machines with Zone Alarm and Norton AV,
    Windows Firewall is switched off.
    The problem I have is I can play around Ping each PC's own adaptor play
    around some more and ping the other machine, hell with a bit more playing
    around I can actually access folders over the network, then hey presto turn
    your back for a second and the network has fallen over...........

    I have noticed that on my main PC in Windows Explorer Folders My Network
    Places/Entire Network is missing, what have I disabled?

    I have been trying to set up ICS over the Wireless Network through a BT105
    USB DSL Modem on the main PC.....forget it, got everything talking to
    eachother had to mannually fix the IP of the Host to 192.168.0.1 and the IP
    of the Laptop to 192.168.0.5 but could not for the life of me get an
    Internet Gateway established on the Laptop.

    I know ICS is a pain and I should just fork out for a Wireless DSL
    Modem/Router but hey come its a challenge !!!

  2. Re: Biuffalo Wireless Netwok Sucks

    To add a bit more info:

    Hello all,

    I am trying to resolve network problems on a two PC Network.

    Both PC's are running XP Pro and both have Zone Alarm Installed, I think the
    Windows Firewall is turned off, at least it says so in the Windows Firewall
    General Tab.

    In Windows Firewall what needs to be installed and ticked in the Exceptions
    Tab, I just noticed that on my main PC file and print sharing was ticked
    does this mean that the firewall is blocking access?

    On the advanced tab all Network Adaptors are listed when selecting the
    Settings button it takes you to Advanced Settings for each Adaptor, What
    Services should be allowed, for instance on my main PC DHCP(67), (68) DNS
    UPnP TCP & UPnP UDP) are selected but on the Laptop they are not?

    None of the above were mentioned in any ICS Web Site that I have used for
    setting up ICS.

    What settings are required for IP addresses in Zone Alarm Frewall.
    Trusted or Internet or Both?
    "Skavenger" wrote in message
    > Well I tried again and this time I'm convinced.........it sucks..........
    >
    > I'm reffering to wirless networking using Buffalo wireless adaptors.
    >
    > I am running Windows XP Pro on two machines with Zone Alarm and Norton AV,
    > Windows Firewall is switched off.
    > The problem I have is I can play around Ping each PC's own adaptor play
    > around some more and ping the other machine, hell with a bit more playing
    > around I can actually access folders over the network, then hey presto
    > turn your back for a second and the network has fallen over...........
    >
    > I have noticed that on my main PC in Windows Explorer Folders My Network
    > Places/Entire Network is missing, what have I disabled?
    >
    > I have been trying to set up ICS over the Wireless Network through a BT105
    > USB DSL Modem on the main PC.....forget it, got everything talking to
    > eachother had to mannually fix the IP of the Host to 192.168.0.1 and the
    > IP of the Laptop to 192.168.0.5 but could not for the life of me get an
    > Internet Gateway established on the Laptop.
    >
    > I know ICS is a pain and I should just fork out for a Wireless DSL
    > Modem/Router but hey come its a challenge !!!

+ Reply to Thread