PPTP VPN Startup Connect - Network

This is a discussion on PPTP VPN Startup Connect - Network ; I have a Microsoft Windows 2000 PPTP VPN Client that I use to connect to a remote server. I have a RoadRunner Cable connection that is available all the time. As the VPN is configured now, I have to make ...

  1. PPTP VPN Startup Connect

    I have a Microsoft Windows 2000 PPTP VPN Client that I use to connect
    to a remote server. I have a RoadRunner Cable connection that is
    available all the time.

    As the VPN is configured now, I have to make the Client connection
    manually after I start my computer.

    How do I make the connection on my end happen automatically when I
    start my computer?

  2. Re: PPTP VPN Startup Connect

    Bob wrote:
    > I have a Microsoft Windows 2000 PPTP VPN Client that I use to connect
    > to a remote server. I have a RoadRunner Cable connection that is
    > available all the time.
    >
    > As the VPN is configured now, I have to make the Client connection
    > manually after I start my computer.
    >
    > How do I make the connection on my end happen automatically when I
    > start my computer?

    When you start your computer or when you log in? With no user logged in, the VPN client would have to run as a service. However to
    get it to work when you login is much easier. Try putting a link to the VPN instance you created in your startup folder.

    Dennis

+ Reply to Thread