Get AS for given IP address? - Network

This is a discussion on Get AS for given IP address? - Network ; How do you determine what AS is associated with any given IP address? A web-based resource, please, if possible, as i don't have access to any core routers :-) -- * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ * * California gun owners - ...

  1. Get AS for given IP address?

    How do you determine what AS is associated with any given IP address? A
    web-based resource, please, if possible, as i don't have access to any
    core routers :-)

    * California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
    * http://www.crpa.org/ *
    * San Diego shooters come to http://shooting.forsandiego.com/ *

  2. Re: Get AS for given IP address?

    "Bill Marcum" wrote in message

    > On 09 Oct 2005 18:59:31 GMT, John Oliver
    > wrote:

    >> How do you determine what AS is associated with any given IP address? A
    >> web-based resource, please, if possible, as i don't have access to any
    >> core routers :-)

    > AS?
    > Surely you don't mean this:
    > $ wtf as
    > as: as (1) - the portable GNU assembler.

    I'm pretty sure he means autonymous system. Which makes the mystery:

    1) If he has no access to cisco routers, why is he posting to a Cisco
    newsgroup?

    2) If his question has nothing to do with Linux, why is he posting to a
    Linux newsgroup?

    I'm pretty sure the answer to these two questions will bring
    enlightenment.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread