Newbie Netwok/ADSL Router User- Advice - Network

This is a discussion on Newbie Netwok/ADSL Router User- Advice - Network ; I have a ZOOM ADSL Router connected to my ADSL ISP and the Router connected to a Network Hub. Two computers connected to the Network Hub. Zoom ADSL Router installed on A computer from its Installation CD, and can connect ...

  1. Newbie Netwok/ADSL Router User- Advice

    I have a ZOOM ADSL Router connected to my ADSL ISP and the Router connected
    to a Network Hub.
    Two computers connected to the Network Hub.
    Zoom ADSL Router installed on A computer from its Installation CD, and can
    connect to Internet OK. IP and DNS Settings Dynamically Assigned by my ISP
    (not sure what this means, but allows me to have A computer operating OK).
    What must I do to B computer to get that Internet operational from my Zoom
    ADSL Router through the network? (has TCP/IP Protocol within Network
    settings).Both computers can be seen in both directions through the network.

    Help appreciated, Thanks J.

  2. Re: Newbie Netwok/ADSL Router User- Advice

    On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:38:07 +0100, NFJ wrote:
    > I have a ZOOM ADSL Router connected to my ADSL ISP and the Router connected
    > to a Network Hub.
    > Two computers connected to the Network Hub.
    > Zoom ADSL Router installed on A computer from its Installation CD, and can
    > connect to Internet OK. IP and DNS Settings Dynamically Assigned by my ISP
    > (not sure what this means, but allows me to have A computer operating OK).
    > What must I do to B computer to get that Internet operational from my Zoom
    > ADSL Router through the network? (has TCP/IP Protocol within Network
    > settings).Both computers can be seen in both directions through the network.

    First, you need to make sure that the address your ISP is giving you is
    being assigned to the router. Then, you want both PCs to be getting
    their info from the router, not the ISP. You should wind up with IP
    addresses like 10.xxx.yyy.zzz, 172.16-31.xxx.yyy, or 192.168.xxx.yyy on
    the PCs.

    You could post the output of "ipconfig /all" and "route print" for both
    of your PCs.

    * California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
    * http://www.crpa.org/ *
    * San Diego shooters come to http://shooting.forsandiego.com/ *

+ Reply to Thread