NetBSD SLIP and Linux SLIP - Network

This is a discussion on NetBSD SLIP and Linux SLIP - Network ; Hi all! Anyone knows if there is important differencies in the implemetatioon of the SLIP-protocol in Linux, compared to NetBSD or Minix? (I have had a Minix 2.0.4 laptop connected to my NetBSD machine - worked fine but I disliked ...

  1. NetBSD SLIP and Linux SLIP

    Hi all!

    Anyone knows if there is important differencies in the implemetatioon
    of the SLIP-protocol in Linux, compared to NetBSD or Minix?

    (I have had a Minix 2.0.4 laptop connected to my NetBSD machine - worked
    fine but I disliked NetBSD:s differencies from Linux which I run on most my
    machines. So for convenience I changed the NetBSD installation to a debian
    Sarge - compiled the kernel for SLIP support and thought slattach should do
    it as easy as in NetBSD. But - no contact at all. Ive been trying a lot
    earlier and never been able to get Minix "slip into" Linux. Due to memory
    limitations I wount change my Minix laptop to run ppp.)

    Thx in advance,
    Patrik Arvhult
    arvhult_musiker_nu

  2. Re: NetBSD SLIP and Linux SLIP

    Patrik Arvhult wrote:

    > Hi all!
    >
    > Anyone knows if there is important differencies in the implemetatioon
    > of the SLIP-protocol in Linux, compared to NetBSD or Minix?
    >
    > (I have had a Minix 2.0.4 laptop connected to my NetBSD machine - worked
    > fine but I disliked NetBSD:s differencies from Linux which I run on most
    > my machines. So for convenience I changed the NetBSD installation to a
    > debian Sarge - compiled the kernel for SLIP support and thought slattach
    > should do it as easy as in NetBSD. But - no contact at all. Ive been
    > trying a lot earlier and never been able to get Minix "slip into" Linux.
    > Due to memory limitations I wount change my Minix laptop to run ppp.)
    >
    > Thx in advance,
    > Patrik Arvhult
    > arvhult_musiker_nu

    My bad - it does work. Did forgot a setting.
    /Patrik

+ Reply to Thread