remote timer - Network

This is a discussion on remote timer - Network ; Hi all, I have a small home network on a Linksys BEFSR41 router. My kids computer is downstairs running Win98SE, and my computer is upstairs, running WinXP SP2. Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically disconnect the ...

  1. remote timer

    Hi all,

    I have a small home network on a Linksys BEFSR41 router. My kids
    computer is downstairs running Win98SE, and my computer is upstairs,
    running WinXP SP2. Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically
    disconnect the kids computer from the internet at a certain time, so I
    don't have to physically unplug it from the router? The little darlin's
    sneak on the computer and stay up all night. Thanks.

    Scott

  2. Re: remote timer

    Scott,
    I know this isn't the best answer, but it looks like your router won't allow
    any time scheduled events, so I have been thinking of less technical ways
    around the problem.......

    Maybe the best approach is to add another (powered) hub inbetween their pc's
    and the Internet router - and have this powered by a timer switch - this is
    assuming you want to maintain connectivity for you - if not, then just do
    this on the ADSL router.

    Not very technical, but not all solutions need to be technical!

    Marc
    "Scotty" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a small home network on a Linksys BEFSR41 router. My kids computer
    > is downstairs running Win98SE, and my computer is upstairs, running WinXP
    > SP2. Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically disconnect the
    > kids computer from the internet at a certain time, so I don't have to
    > physically unplug it from the router? The little darlin's sneak on the
    > computer and stay up all night. Thanks.
    >
    > Scott

+ Reply to Thread