Problem with APC UPS - Network

This is a discussion on Problem with APC UPS - Network ; I've got an APC SmartUPS 1250 that has stopped charging the battery. Batteries OK (only about a year old and externally verified) and UPS otherwise functioning, but no charge when running on mains. Can anyone point me to a source ...

  1. Problem with APC UPS

    I've got an APC SmartUPS 1250 that has stopped charging the battery.

    Batteries OK (only about a year old and externally verified) and UPS
    otherwise functioning, but no charge when running on mains.

    Can anyone point me to a source of the circuit diagram, or
    alternatively know of the fault and can provide an answer.

    Thanks.

    Jim

  2. Re: Problem with APC UPS

    Did you contact APES?

    "Jim" wrote in message
    > I've got an APC SmartUPS 1250 that has stopped charging the battery.
    >
    > Batteries OK (only about a year old and externally verified) and UPS
    > otherwise functioning, but no charge when running on mains.
    >
    > Can anyone point me to a source of the circuit diagram, or
    > alternatively know of the fault and can provide an answer.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > Jim

  3. Re: Problem with APC UPS

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:19:27 -0700, "JHG" wrote:

    >Did you contact APES?

    Who's APES?

    If I can't repair it myself, it's going to be cheaper to buy a second
    hand battery-less unit off eBay for 50 (on the basis I have a good
    set of batteries), than get anyone external to repair it.

    Jim

  4. Re: Problem with APC UPS

    Sorry - I meant APC.
    "Jim" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:19:27 -0700, "JHG" wrote:
    >
    >>Did you contact APES?

    > Who's APES?
    >
    > If I can't repair it myself, it's going to be cheaper to buy a second
    > hand battery-less unit off eBay for 50 (on the basis I have a good
    > set of batteries), than get anyone external to repair it.
    >

    > Jim

  5. Re: Problem with APC UPS

    Jim wrote in

    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:19:27 -0700, "JHG" wrote:
    >
    >>Did you contact APES?

    > Who's APES?
    >
    > If I can't repair it myself, it's going to be cheaper to buy a second
    > hand battery-less unit off eBay for 50 (on the basis I have a good
    > set of batteries), than get anyone external to repair it.
    >

    > Jim

    Not necesarrily. APC does flat rate repairs on these which will include a
    warranty on the repair. I recently send a SMARTUPS 2200 in for service, and
    the total including return shipping was ~ $100.00 US

+ Reply to Thread