Home Network niggle! - Network

This is a discussion on Home Network niggle! - Network ; Outlook 2003. My office allows Outlook to auto receive messages. With exactly the same settings as far as I can see, the home base will not do the same. I always have to check via F9 or hitting send/receive button. ...

  1. Home Network niggle!

    Outlook 2003.

    My office allows Outlook to auto receive messages.

    With exactly the same settings as far as I can see, the home base will
    not do the same. I always have to check via F9 or hitting send/receive
    button.

    Windows XP installed.

    Ideas please

  2. Re: Home Network niggle!

    gracenote wrote in

    > Outlook 2003.
    >
    > My office allows Outlook to auto receive messages.
    >
    > With exactly the same settings as far as I can see, the home base will
    > not do the same. I always have to check via F9 or hitting send/receive
    > button.
    >

    > Windows XP installed.
    >
    > Ideas please

    Thats because your office uses Exchange for its email. Exchange
    integrates with outlook and provides that functionality, although by
    default Outlook 2003 uses cached mode which while it appears to bve
    instant is not. Cached mode does a background send/receive every five (or
    whatever interval you've configured) minutes.

    Your ISP uses some other mail system, presumably one that is POP3 based.
    Because it does integrate directly with Outlook, you must do
    Send/Receive.
    You can however, set Outlook to do this on a defined interval.
    You can do this by going to Tools->Options->Mail Setup_> send receive.
    This will open a subwindow where you can set this interval. Set it to one
    minute and it will do almost constant send receive.

+ Reply to Thread