shared connection prob - Network

This is a discussion on shared connection prob - Network ; Hi Everyone, I'm having a problem with sharing my internet connection with my nephew's puter.....they can see & share files with each other, but my nephews puter can't access the net.....my dialup connection is shared, so he should be able ...

  1. shared connection prob

    Hi Everyone,
    I'm having a problem with sharing my internet connection with my nephew's
    puter.....they can see & share files with each other, but my nephews puter
    can't access the net.....my dialup connection is shared, so he should be
    able to get on the net.....knowing me, I've overlook something inbetween
    (grrr).
    My puter's running xp pro with sp1, my nephew's running xp home with xp2.
    Any idea's out there???
    Thanks
    gorzzz

  2. Re: shared connection prob

    Perhaps you can provide some more information such as "ipconfig /all" for
    each machine. Oh and do all that only after you are connected into the
    Internet.

    Paste it here and someone should be able to help out.

    "Gorzzz" wrote in message
    news:1123242670.c489f2949bf551dcfefa1c42dc6c586a@t eranews...
    > Hi Everyone,
    > I'm having a problem with sharing my internet connection with my nephew's
    > puter.....they can see & share files with each other, but my nephews puter
    > can't access the net.....my dialup connection is shared, so he should be
    > able to get on the net.....knowing me, I've overlook something inbetween
    > (grrr).
    > My puter's running xp pro with sp1, my nephew's running xp home with xp2.
    > Any idea's out there???
    > Thanks
    > gorzzz

+ Reply to Thread