LAN disconnect - Network

This is a discussion on LAN disconnect - Network ; Am looking for a utility that will let me disconnect from network without having to reconfigure the LAN card. Am currently going through system/ hardware/disconnect but I have to reenter the configuration every time I restore connection. Ideally, it would ...

  1. LAN disconnect

    Am looking for a utility that will let me disconnect from network
    without having to reconfigure the LAN card. Am currently going
    through system/ hardware/disconnect but I have to reenter the
    configuration every time I restore connection.

    Ideally, it would be on the desktop. Click it and the network would be
    dead. Click again and network would be restored.

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: LAN disconnect

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:47:49 -0700, Judy <> wrote:
    > Am looking for a utility that will let me disconnect from network
    > without having to reconfigure the LAN card. Am currently going
    > through system/ hardware/disconnect but I have to reenter the
    > configuration every time I restore connection.
    >
    > Ideally, it would be on the desktop. Click it and the network would be
    > dead. Click again and network would be restored.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    ZoneAlarm will do this, at the IP layer. You can click "network lock"
    or somesuch.

    It sits in your system tray, free for private use. If you didn't want
    to use the firewall feature you could set it to allow everything until
    you 'lock' it.

    -TC
    --
    swap triangle and cannedmeat to reply