ADSL + WLAN - Network

This is a discussion on ADSL + WLAN - Network ; Hi, I'm currently running a wireless network using 2 Windows XP machines with Netgear WG311v2 adapters. I also have a Netgear WG602 wireless access point that is connected to my broadband router. Thus both machines on the network can see ...

  1. ADSL + WLAN

    Hi,

    I'm currently running a wireless network using 2 Windows XP machines with
    Netgear WG311v2 adapters. I also have a Netgear WG602 wireless access point
    that is connected to my broadband router. Thus both machines on the network
    can see each other as well as access the Internet. My problem comes in
    here: I'm unable to configure the WAP by logging into it through a Web
    browser. The only way I have been able to configure it is if I plug the WAP
    into one of the XP machines using a LAN cable.

    As far as I know, only MAC filtering is enabled on the WAP with no
    encryption. When I try to ping the WAP it times out. When I attempt to do
    a network scan it only detects the other Windows machine and the router,
    bypassing the WAP.

    Any help on how I can access this WAP would be great as I need to enable
    crypto soon....

    Thanks

  2. Re: ADSL + WLAN

    "Bob St Clair" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm currently running a wireless network using 2 Windows XP machines with
    > Netgear WG311v2 adapters. I also have a Netgear WG602 wireless access
    > point
    > that is connected to my broadband router. Thus both machines on the
    > network
    > can see each other as well as access the Internet. My problem comes in
    > here: I'm unable to configure the WAP by logging into it through a Web
    > browser. The only way I have been able to configure it is if I plug the
    > WAP
    > into one of the XP machines using a LAN cable.
    >
    > As far as I know, only MAC filtering is enabled on the WAP with no
    > encryption. When I try to ping the WAP it times out. When I attempt to
    > do
    > a network scan it only detects the other Windows machine and the router,
    > bypassing the WAP.
    >
    > Any help on how I can access this WAP would be great as I need to enable
    > crypto soon....
    >
    > Thanks

    Check your machines to see if the wireless config is set to ad-hoc only. If
    it is, change this to AP and ad-hoc. Also check the channel that each card
    is using and make sure that this matches the channel that the AP is using.

+ Reply to Thread