Old Binding - Network

This is a discussion on Old Binding - Network ; I migrated Win2K from an old machine to a new one using Win2K IPU. The old machine had a 3Com card bound to local networking. The new machine has a different NIC. Whenever I close the LAN Properties section I ...

  1. Old Binding

    I migrated Win2K from an old machine to a new one using Win2K IPU.

    The old machine had a 3Com card bound to local networking. The new
    machine has a different NIC.

    Whenever I close the LAN Properties section I get a warning that my
    hard-coded IP address is the same as with the old NIC.

    How do I unbind that association? If the answer is as simple as
    removing local networking and reinstalling, how do I remove local
    networking?

  2. Re: Old Binding

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 10:42:46 GMT, spam@spamcop.com (Bob) wrote:

    >I migrated Win2K from an old machine to a new one using Win2K IPU.
    >
    >The old machine had a 3Com card bound to local networking. The new
    >machine has a different NIC.
    >
    >Whenever I close the LAN Properties section I get a warning that my
    >hard-coded IP address is the same as with the old NIC.
    >
    >How do I unbind that association? If the answer is as simple as
    >removing local networking and reinstalling, how do I remove local
    >networking?

    I found the solution myself. Go to Add/Remove Hardware and check the
    box that exposed "hidden" devices. Then delete the old device. Now
    TCP/IP Properties no longer gives that warning.

    --

    Million Mom March For Gun Confiscation
    http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/mmm.html

    Liberal

    A person so open minded their brains have fallen out.

+ Reply to Thread