Remote connection to Win95 pc - Network

This is a discussion on Remote connection to Win95 pc - Network ; I have a Windows 95 pc on my network at work. The pc runs some software which operates in a dos window, which will only run in fullscreen mode. I need to set up remote operation of this pc from ...

  1. Remote connection to Win95 pc

    I have a Windows 95 pc on my network at work. The pc runs some software
    which operates in a dos window, which will only run in fullscreen mode.
    I need to set up remote operation of this pc from a number of Win2000 &
    XP pcs on the network. I have tried RealVNC/WinVNC to no avail as they
    will not display the dos window in fullscreen mode, only if it is in a
    window. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get around this
    problem please? And please don't say 'upgrade from Win95' as this is not
    an option sadly!

    TIA

    --
    Kenchie

  2. Re: Remote connection to Win95 pc

    Kenchie wrote:
    > I have a Windows 95 pc on my network at work. The pc runs some software
    > which operates in a dos window, which will only run in fullscreen mode.
    > I need to set up remote operation of this pc from a number of Win2000 &
    > XP pcs on the network. I have tried RealVNC/WinVNC to no avail as they
    > will not display the dos window in fullscreen mode, only if it is in a
    > window. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get around this
    > problem please? And please don't say 'upgrade from Win95' as this is not
    > an option sadly!
    >
    > TIA

    PCanywhere is available surplus for ver 10 and 10.5 for dirt cheap;
    would work nicely
    gr

+ Reply to Thread