Sometimes my laptop looking at my neighbour's Access Point (AP) instead of my own AP, why? - Network

This is a discussion on Sometimes my laptop looking at my neighbour's Access Point (AP) instead of my own AP, why? - Network ; Hi, I have my laptop connected to my Access Point (AP) intially, later on my neighbours also have access points installed, my laptop is looking at their AP sometimes, and it is disconnecting from my own AP, if I click ...

  1. Sometimes my laptop looking at my neighbour's Access Point (AP) instead of my own AP, why?

    Hi,

    I have my laptop connected to my Access Point (AP) intially, later on
    my neighbours also have access points installed, my laptop is looking
    at their AP sometimes, and it is disconnecting from my own AP, if I
    click on my "wireless Network connecton properties" icon on my laptop,
    I can see "available networks" and "preferred networks", I can all
    available AP's in my area in "available networks", how can I get rid of
    all other AP's except my own, so this way I won't have this on and off
    problem. Sometimes my wireless connection looking at neighbours and it
    is disconnecting from my own AP, this way it is closing all of my
    telnet connections and all, please help me how can I always connect to
    my own AP. Thnaks.

  2. Re: Sometimes my laptop looking at my neighbour's Access Point (AP) instead of my own AP, why?

    Make your AP a prefered connection and tell windows not to connect to non
    prefered networks.

    Robert...

    wrote in message
    news:1113152585.221286.224720@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have my laptop connected to my Access Point (AP) intially, later on
    > my neighbours also have access points installed, my laptop is looking
    > at their AP sometimes, and it is disconnecting from my own AP, if I
    > click on my "wireless Network connecton properties" icon on my laptop,
    > I can see "available networks" and "preferred networks", I can all
    > available AP's in my area in "available networks", how can I get rid of
    > all other AP's except my own, so this way I won't have this on and off
    > problem. Sometimes my wireless connection looking at neighbours and it
    > is disconnecting from my own AP, this way it is closing all of my
    > telnet connections and all, please help me how can I always connect to
    > my own AP. Thnaks.

  3. Re: Sometimes my laptop looking at my neighbour's Access Point (AP) instead of my own AP, why?

    You may change the SSID and channel on your AP. It is normal to see other
    networks, but if you are able to connect to them this means that their
    owners din't change default settings to secure their network.

    Hristo
    http://hristo.no-ip.info

    wrote in message
    news:1113152585.221286.224720@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have my laptop connected to my Access Point (AP) intially, later on
    > my neighbours also have access points installed, my laptop is looking
    > at their AP sometimes, and it is disconnecting from my own AP, if I
    > click on my "wireless Network connecton properties" icon on my laptop,
    > I can see "available networks" and "preferred networks", I can all
    > available AP's in my area in "available networks", how can I get rid of
    > all other AP's except my own, so this way I won't have this on and off
    > problem. Sometimes my wireless connection looking at neighbours and it
    > is disconnecting from my own AP, this way it is closing all of my
    > telnet connections and all, please help me how can I always connect to
    > my own AP. Thnaks.

+ Reply to Thread