Hello DW,

The router does ask for the WEP key each time. Its just that the key
is stored on the machine where it was already typed in. So it does not
need to ask the user again for it.

One thing you might want to do is add MAC address filtering. Then you
can add and delete MAC addresses that you do/don't want to have access
to your wireless network.

Also, you can use the network monitoring tool, First Alert Service
Monitor, to make sure your network or network services are up, and can
alert you if otherwise. Available here:
http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

Kind Regards,
Bill Krahmer

Internet/network service monitoring software.
"First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.